Monday, June 20, 2011

Next Summer

This summer thusfar has taught me many things: most of all it has taught me what I want next summer to be.

Next summer I want to do whatever I want to do. I want "work" to be what I do when I'm not playing. I want to pay my rent and maybe buy some food and then buy art supplies. I want to go to Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza and every other show and make a million friends. I want to spend more time in my friends' houses than in my own. I want to sell my art. I want to learn guitar and ukulele and maybe electric violin. I want to lose weight before then. I want to disover over and over not only my own beauty, but also the undeniable beauty of those around me. I want to go to parties and stay out too late. I want to take pictures of everything. I want to go out on a date or two or twenty. I want to go to the drive-in. I want to get a tattoo (though I'll probably chicken out). I want to live my life, not the life anyone else wants me to live. Next summer I want to make as many memories as I can, travel as much as I can, and live and love as big and bold as I can. And do you want to know the best part? I want to do all of it with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment