Friday, April 20, 2012

On College, Friends, and Growing Up

    One of the most interesting things about college thusfar, is how differently people mature. Some people step into college with the mentality of a 44 year old bank executive, some are figuring it out as they go along, and some people are stuck in the immaturity and insecurity of high school. 
    It's always frustrating when someone gets on your case about something you did (or didn't do) and it's either A) not your fault, B) not your problem, or C) they had a part in the issue as well and seem to be dumping all of the blame on you. I'm sure that I'm not the only one this has ever happened to, but it gets exhausting after a while and it's happened to me several times in the last week. I, however, am not going to let it ruin my weekend. All I can do is be as good to people as  I can, and if they want to cut me down and abuse me, I just have to cut them out of my life, because you're only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
   What about you? Have you ever had someone jump all over you for no good reason, or worse yet, about something that was partially their fault? And if so, how did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment